So my very good friend Bidemi Badejo just called me by say 11pm, stating that it is still my birthday. She’s totally right!
I have great friends for years… and one very dear to me in the Blogging sphere gave me this birthday post challenge. Shout out to Mfon of daintym
Here we go…dizzy as I am, grace found me to scribble down 23 lessons I have learnt so far as at today…
- God is faithful. I can write this 23 times and just get done with this post, but it still will not be enough to state the veracity of this statement I have learnt, ‘He is a faithful God!’
- I have learnt to pray at every point in time and turn it over to intense praise when the battles get tougher. That person that said, praise is the highest form of prayer, most definitely fought some crazy battles. God steps in every time! Amen.
- I learnt that you don’t get to pick your best color, it will pick you, hold you close and never let you go. That’s so turquoise color to me.
- I have come to realize that it is not a wardrobe crime to have 3 distinct colors of a dress you love so bad. That is 3 dresses of the same style…and I did the white of it on this day. Glory to God!
- I have come to realize that you can write the chapters of your book for say 2 years and still feel like adding some words to one chapter a day before it is released *haha*
- I have learnt every single time, ‘family is important, they will be there for you’. I might have learnt the line from the movie ‘the other end of the line’, but I have definitely played it out through every moment- the highs, lows and every point in-between- my family members have been there for me. God bless them!
- I have learnt this through every process that I have been through- SEVEN is perfection!- no drama has existed beyond the seventh count- it either ends or it is perfected at this point. It is Proverbs 24 verse 16- ‘for a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again.’ (KJV)
- Whatsoever the Bible say is the true, is true- nothing added to it- nothing taken away from it.
- I have learnt to laugh, all the time when it hits me- in public or in private- this is an antidote for any form of drama.
- I have learnt that when four persons reject you, the Lord will give you forty to replace them. This is a literal proverb coined by reason of some of my most painful experiences from friendship.
- I learnt to serve God and not allow any man or woman take away any bit of my salvation (by God’s grace) whether in a subtle way or otherwise.
- I have come to realize that writing is an art- the more you write, the easier it becomes.
- Mothers are beyond special. You may try to get out of a bit of their grip because you get older, but they will be the major ones holding you in days when you’re too beaten to stand up.
- It is alright to not achieve your goals exactly how you planned them out-that is the idea of learning lessons- find creative ways of achieving your goals per time.
- Take a break- whoever or whatever does not give you a break, do all you can to get away from that grip eventually.
- Friends are the angels God sends to you per time- some stay and some move on- either way, pray to always fall into the arms of an angel.
- I learnt my love languages and the languages of those around you. You see, I realized that it is the fastest way to know whom to stay with and how to stay when you have to.
- Money- I’m not even sure what I can pinpoint on money so far other than this- it is definitely not a measure for the worth of life (it is too fleeting). The true measure of a man’s worth is how much he loves the Lord and keeps His commandments.
- I have come to understand that, your plans will never work out, if it is not God’s will for your life. You can try and retry and hurt yourself some more. But only God’s will shall prevail.
- I have learnt that man was not made for work, but work for man- and until you finally find and work your passion- you most certainly may be living out the extreme case of work.
- Poetry is food for the bleeding soul- the moment you can write it into a heartfelt Poem, the healing is almost complete.
- Schooling is both an escape from all the drama of the corporate reality and a means for remarkable improvement- give yourself the opportunity for additional schooling.
- After much has been said and done, the most important thing that can ever be said should be based on, ‘how to serve God and keep His commandments’. You see, we all are journeying back towards eternity to appear before the Almighty God.
Thank you all for the birthday wishes. God bless you abundantly. Amen.
THANK GOD FOR LIFE!